- Nonstick spray
- 5 cups cauliflower, grated (~1/2 large head)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 425ºF
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have 2 cups of cauliflower crumbles.
- Place in a large bowl and microwave for 7-8 minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool.¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix in the egg, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan.
- Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella, grape tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, another 10 minutes. Top with basil before serving.
Serves 2. Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 170, Fat -8g, Fiber -4g, Protein -14g, Carbohydrate – 12g
Recipes Provided by:
Maria A. Bella, MS, RD, CDN