Healthy Turnip Fries:
- 2 lbs turnips
- Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup fat-free Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil and lightly grease.
- Peel the turnips, and cut into French fry-sized sticks, about 1/3 by 4 inches.
- Place into a large bowl, and spray with cooking spray to coat.
- Place the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder in a re-sealable plastic bag, and shake to mix.
- Place the oiled turnips into the bag, and shake until evenly coated with the spices. Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the outside is crispy, and the inside is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 8. Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 125, Fat -6g, Fiber -2g, Protein – 9g,
Carbohydrate – 8g
Recipes Provided by:
Maria A. Bella, MS, RD, CDN
Top Balance Nutrition