- 5 cups liquid egg whites or egg beaters
- ½ cup Bell Pepper, Chopped (optional)
- ½ cup Onion, Chopped (optional)
- ½ cup mushrooms, Chopped (optional)
- ½ cup Fat free Shredded Cheddar Cheese (can swap for your favorite cheese)
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat a nonstick pan on the stove, spray lightly with zero calorie cooking spray and add chopped bell pepper, mushrooms and onions (or any veggies of your choice), season with salt and pepper allow to brown.
- Spray muffin pan with zero calorie cooking spray.
- First spoon vegetables into muffin pan, followed by the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Top each muffin off with liquid egg whites.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until muffins begin to brown
Store extra muffins in freezer and defrost when ready to eat! If you choose, you can add other vegetables such as spinach, broccoli or tomato to your muffins!
Nutrition Facts (per 2 muffins): Calories – 57, Fat – 0g, Fiber – 1g, Protein – 10g, Carbohydrate – 2g
Recipes Provided by:
Maria A. Bella, MS, RD, CDN
Top Balance Nutrition