If you love bruschetta but don’t want to consume the carbs, try this easy recipe!!
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
- 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 oz nonfat mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 lb boneless/skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 8 thin cutlets
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, onion, basil, olive oil, balsamic, and salt/pepper in a large bowl. Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Toss in the diced mozzarella.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook chicken for ~2 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Top with bruschetta and serve.
Serves 4. Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 217, Fat – 5g, Fiber – 2g, Protein – 36g, Carbohydrate – 6g
Recipes Provided by:
Maria A. Bella, MS, RD, CDN
Top Balance Nutrition