Comprehensive Blood Panel:
A sample of blood is simple to obtain, and in the hands of a sophisticated testing laboratory, yields an extraordinary amount of information about a patient’s health.
Our blood testing goes far beyond simple determination of “good” and “bad” cholesterol, which can miss many patients at risk for a cardiovascular event and lead to inappropriate therapy or lack thereof. Our more advanced analysis:
- Includes multiple lipid measurements that much more accurately and incrementally evaluate your risk for a heart attack or stroke, and most importantly, are modifiable, potentially allowing you to steer clear of adverse events.
- Includes select pharmacogenetic and pharmacogenomic testing for deeper risk evaluation and assessment of appropriateness and safety of medications.
- Evaluates multiple markers of inflammation, a central and often overlooked factor in the progression of heart disease and a potent stimulus for adverse events.
- Thoroughly evaluates for the presence, and risk of developing diabetes and metabolic syndrome, a main contributor to cardiovascular morbidity and mortality that can potentially be significantly modified by diet and lifestyle changes.
Not all patients will undergo the same lab testing. It is suggested that you discuss the indications for individual testing and their predictive value when you meet with us. Some commonly evaluated advanced tests include:
- Oxidized LDL
- NMR lipid analysis
- MPO (Myeloperoxidase Testing)
- Lp(a) measurement
- ApoB level
- High Sensitivity C-reactive protein (CRP)
- Homocysteine level
- Hemoglobin A1C
- Microalbuminuria Testing
- Pharmacogenomics Testing